11 September 2013

The Studio Layout Competition Week 2 - Page 1

My first page for week 2 of the LO challenge.

Page 1 - Christmas Moments


Here's this weeks challenge: Create 2 beautiful layouts using this collab. This collection is themed around the holidays, but one of your layouts must use this kit for a layout that has nothing to do with holiday fun! The other layout can be themed to the holidays if you would like. One of your layouts must also feature a photo-treatment. This can be as simple as turning it black and white or as complicated as you want! You may combine these two tasks into the same layout if you would like. 

This is a photo of the infant's class I was in back in 1973, I have scraped this photo before but it was a very basic LO and I wanted to push myself this time. I also wanted to have a bit of fun with this lovely kit. This is the first time I've used characters on a LO and I think they work really well they just work with the photo so well. 

I've improved the photo by enhancing the colour and brightness; I have also used the dust/scratch remover as 40 years hasn't been kind to this photo. The photo has also been blended into the background paper. I have only used the papers and elements from this kit the rest I've made using the Serif scrapbook software. 

Kit used is: Holiday Hoopla Collab by Snickerdoodle Designs & Kimberkatt Scraps 

Link to kit

The fonts used are: Annie BTN and SNF Dear Miss Rose