20 May 2014

Box 3 - Colour Blocking...

It week 3 at Gottapixel here's my page...

For this week we've been asked to try colour blocking something I have never tried before and didn't even know what it was.  Oh it took me a good few goes over a number of days to get this right. I had to keep coming back to the gallery at Gottapixel to get inspiration from the great layouts already done. I then decided to do a round version more to push myself even more. 

It is hard working outside of your comfort zone but worth it as I think now this is something I will try again... 

Kit: Love This Guy Master Scrapper - Mystery Challenge #3
by ChrissyW Digital and Blue Heart Scraps

Here's the brief for week 3:

Blocking allows you to add many photos in a small space but still have a feel of unity across your page.

When you block a scrapbook page you are creating groups of similar sized papers, photos or color blocks and putting them side by side leaving just a little space between them. You can make some taller or wider and arrange them so that you have a larger square with multiple photos or papers inside of it. 

This week your challenge is to create a 12x12 scrapbook page that is blocked. You must use all 6 of the papers and at least 12 of the elements from the Mystery box.