28 April 2018

Spectrum Noir Aquatints ink Old Style

Now if you are like me you may already have the original version of the Aquatints in the large bottles. A few weeks ago Sheena had the new version of the Aquatints which are now in a pen. Sheena was using these new pens and I came so close to buying them, until I remembered that I already had the full set in a box unused.  Sheena even said on air that the pens are just a new delivery system for the Aquatints, they haven't been seen for about 2 years. I have also found out that the Aquatints are the same colours as the Sparkle Pens so everything works together.

As I watched Sheena I really liked these pens as the biggest problem with the old system was that it was very easy to knock them over or just make a mess. But as I watched I realised 95% of the time Sheena is just pooling ink onto her mat and using the ink that way so the whole need for the pen is not really there. Plus I realised that they have just given the inks colour names now instead of the number codes.

So I had an idea I thought what if I got some small bottles and filled them with the inks I already own. How much would that cost? So I went off to Amazon and found the bottles (50 x 10ml) and some droppers which both together cost about £10. They did take 2 weeks to come but I didn't mind that.

So yesterday I set about sorting out a colour chart. Only issue is that SN never gave the original ink names they just had numbers. So after hours of searching the net I found the information I needed and made myself a chart (I've included a copy of this chart with the photo, feel free to use if it will help). So I sorted out the numbers into the sets and I coloured two charts at a time the same (one was to be used as a label on the bottles) once dry I cut up one of the charts and taped them to each bottle. It did take me sometime but I am really pleased with the end result.


I now have all 34 colours in a easy format that are now so easy to use. Plus I can quickly see which colours are which and the really good thing is I can refill these bottles two more times...



Here's the links for the droppers and bottles. I went for 100 droppers and 50 bottles you can get less just remember you need 34 bottles if you've got the full set. Cost has gone down a bit will cost you around £10 (I have Prime so get next day delivery on some items). The bottles did take about 2 weeks as they came from China but they are good quality and are well worth the money.